Meet Darwin’s new Drug Review Tool! With this solution, Abarca clients and Darwin™ users may access real-time information on drug maintenance and will have full visibility of ongoing medication changes to health plan formularies.
What were the challenges users were facing?
Clients were experiencing a longer time period to complete the review process of formularies and the analysis of medication coverage due to having to use a manual on-demand Analytics report that when generated, provided the weekly medication updates from both Medi-Span and Formularies.
What are some of the Pain Points we are addressing?
- Avoid the weekly wait – View formulary medication changes on a real-time, daily, weekly, you name it, basis.
- Ease of Access – Access information with an easy-to-use tool and navigation system in Darwin™.
- Optimize Multiple Formulary Reviews – Allow users to access and search by multiple Formularies instead of generating an Excel report for each Formulary straight in Darwin™.
- Increase in Performance – Too much data in an Excel report can generate errors and become non-responsive. An accessible and high software quality tool in Darwin™ minimizes that gap.
- Reduce Cross-Page Navigation – Provide users with a great variety of both Formulary and Medi-Span information all accessible within the same Tool.
What innovative features are we adding?
- Darwin™ users can now confirm and provide additional comments and reasons with our NEW Verified option to support formulary review decisions.
- Refer or assign a drug change to another user with our NEW Assign To option.
- Users will not only be able to visualize the medication updates but also use our Edit option to update any restrictions or indicators to the drug formulary in real-time.
What is next for this Tool?
- Improvements in drug list usability navigation and access within the Tool.
- Ability to add additional valuable functionalities to support clinical operation decisions across multiple formularies and lines of business.
- Expansion of the Tool to also display details from relevant Medi-Span information updates such as the following:
- New Generics
- New GPIs and molecules
- Expired and Inactive NDCs
- Changes in Drug Codes and IDs
Reach out to your Client Advisor to learn how to start using this tool today!